Safeguarding sensitive data is just plain good business. Are you taking steps to protect personal information? To learn more about how you can implement these principles in your business, watch this one-minute snippet.
A sound data security plan is built on five key principles.
- Take Stock. Know what personal information you have in your files and on your computers.
- Scale Down. Keep only what you need for your business.
- Lock It. Protect the information that you keep.
- Pitch It. Properly dispose of files or data you don't need any more.
- And Plan Ahead. Create a plan to respond to security incidents.
This information and video was provided by the Federal Trade Commission.